BiblioCommons is looking for a Product Designer to own the redesign of our native Mobile App. You might call yourself an Interaction Designer, UX Designer, or Product Designer - the bottom line is that you design frameworks for people to engage in online experiences and have an interest in designing for mobile.
Here at BiblioCommons, we build software that transforms the digital experience of public libraries and your designs will impact millions of unique users each month. We have a long term commitment to accessibility and envision a public digital space where communities of readers and learners help each other discover and explore the ideas, information and stories that are the public library’s collections and services.
Designers serve a vital role here at BiblioCommons by crafting the vision for new and existing features, while ensuring consistency of the user experience across products. The ideal designer for this team is someone well-versed in the tools of the trade, has a strong eye for visual design and is able to show the research and thinking that goes into whatever they do. We’re looking for someone who asks good questions, tells a good story and has experience working a product through to production - and then with the demonstrated ability to iterate beyond.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Own our native mobile application product from a UX design and strategy perspective
- Partner cross-functionally with Engineering and Product teams to find the right design for the context, and to collaborate on how to make your designs a reality through agile iterations
- Collaborate closely with other Product designers to ensure cross product cohesion
- Create highly detailed design specifications and documentation
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals
- Think in terms of patterns, components, and systems to support cross-product design consistency
- Look for opportunities to improve our product wherever possible through user research, usability testing, heuristic analysis, competitive analysis, and keeping your eye on established and emerging design patterns
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Experience working on a Product Design team and designing for native mobile apps
- Strong understanding of the latest graphic trends for iOS and Android platforms
- Up to date knowledge of platform interface guidelines, mobile patterns and overall best practices
- Strong communication skills and the ability to help us understand the best course of action based on data, design patterns, etc.
- Respect for consistent and clear documentation around the UX design process
- Commitment to the user and digital accessibility, with a thoughtfulness towards WCAG 2.0 design standards
- Comfortable working in an Agile development environment
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design, and Ideation.
Bonus Points for:
- Familiarity with Sketch, Axure RP, Invision, or other tool combinations that enable you to iterate and communicate designs in various levels of fidelity
- Experience with or interest in manipulating HTML and CSS as part of your work
- An affinity for the core values of public libraries
BiblioCommons is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.