We are looking for a Java developer to join our dedicated team focused on building new features and improving our Core Catalogue product used by millions of end users.
At BiblioCommons we are constantly improving our products through user research, client interaction, and the input of our creative staff. We're looking for software engineers who thrive on solving challenging problems, and are passionate about building large-scale, high-performance server applications
How you’ll make an impact:
- Architect and build complex digital content integrations with 3rd party vendors to enhance the digital library catalog experience
- Enhance and extend complex back-end messaging integration systems for synchronizing data between other systems and BiblioCommons
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis on integration issues
- Full responsibility for the design and execution of critical features and modules
- Participate in design, code review, and best practice discussions
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 3-5 years of professional Server-side Java Experience
- Proven experience with Java frameworks: Spring / Spring MVC / Spring Boot / Spring Integration, Hibernate, and related Java technologies
- Strong theoretical foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software engineering best practices
- Experience debugging and optimizing large-scale, multi-threaded systems
- Solid understanding of databases, cache servers, search engines, and application servers
- Passionate, motivated, and capable of working effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks, etc.
- Challenging and exciting projects that are used by millions of users
- Annual company wide events, monthly lunches, weekly demos and beer Fridays
- Company sponsored Professional development program tailored to you
- Extremely positive work environment where people are passionate about their work
- Beautiful open concept office in the heart of downtown
About Engineering at BiblioCommons
BiblioCommons offers an opportunity to work in an environment that combines the challenges and complexity of a large-scale, data-intensive application with the creativity and fun of a sophisticated consumer web offering, central to the daily web interactions of millions of users.
We’re a highly collaborative team that applies innovative solutions to challenging problems. We believe strongly in shipping code early and often, and investing heavily in automation to make that possible. We’re also committed to doing things right and always looking for ways to do them better. We take the time to optimize and redesign systems that aren't robust and scalable.
BiblioCommons is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.